Hi beauties! I decided to start a blog mostly reviewing makeup products that I love or that I’ve sampled. Occasionally I’ll be posting about products I swear by for babies/toddlers. For now, my first post will be about the makeup I’ll reach for on a daily basis (looks like a lot right?) 😉 — what I mean by daily basis is a simple makeup look (I’m usually makeup-less during the week #momlife) Makeup is fun & expressive and I encourage you to keep reading if you’re interested in learning more! Btw– I am by no means a MUA or anything. Just a Mom who happens to love makeup. Thanks for stopping by! 💖
• Garnier SkinActive Moisture Rescue Actively Hydrating Daily Lotion SPF 15 Fragrance Free ($12.99) I just recently started using this moisturizer. It’s lightweight and absorbs into the skin perfectly. I love that is has SPF in it because you should always be using it on your face! (Even in winter)
• My favorite lip balm: CocoKind Organic Original Lip Balm ($2.99)
• After I moisturize, I always use a primer. This is also a newer product I’ve been using –> Studio Perfect Primer in Clear (Price varies; $11.99) NYX is inexpensive and I found mine at Harmons! I do like it and find It’s similar to the Smashbox Photo Finish Primer. (But for less)
• Next up is foundation. I am obsessed with the BECCA Aqua Luminous Perfecting Foundation (my shade is fair) ($44) What I love most is that you only need very little for your whole face. You can do minimal coverage (for those of you ladies who don’t care for much face makeup.) or you can go full coverage. It blends beautifully with a beauty blender. I will say that because I have combination skin, in the Summer I am oily. This is not the foundation you want if you’re like me during the warmer months. During the Winter this will add a glow to your face.
• For my eyebrows I use the ABH Brow Wiz ($21), ABH Brow Powder Duo ($23) & Benefit Gimme Brow Volumizing Fiber Gel ($24) I use the Brow Wiz to line my brows and I fill them in using the powder. I use the Gimme Brow as an additional step but you don’t need it. This product is great if you’re feeling lazy. It gives a nice tint to your brows. I had a sample size and would definitely buy a full size! *The shades I use are: Brow Wiz- taupe, Powder- blonde, fiber gel- 1
• The NYX Cosmetics Hi Definition Photo Concealer is my favorite. You cannot beat $4.99 (Harmons or Ulta) and I might like it better than high end concealers. You need only the smallest amount to conceal those dark circles 😉
• There are SO many setting powders out there. I always use my Coty Airspun Translucent Extra Coverage Loose Face Powder ($5.97) This stuff has been around forever! I like to set my concealer with this using my damp beauty blender. I find it doesn’t cake up when applying it that way (I also set the other areas of my face where I use the concealer with this) I will say this is NOT the powder for you if you’re going to be taking pictures at night with flash.
• I’ve only been using the Maybelline FaceStudio Master Contour ($8.99) for a little while but it’s easily one of my new favs. I have the shade light to medium. It comes in 3 different shades. Since I am fair, I only have to tap my brush to get color. It’s that pigmented! The blush shade is pretty but again you have to be light handed. The highlight shade is beautiful also. If you’re looking for a drugstore “contour kit” this is the one!
• I had to include one of my favorite blushes. True Match Super Blendable Blush ($7.99) It’s a cool tone blush in the shade Baby Blossom C1-2.
• Although the Maybelline contour kit comes with a highlight, I ALWAYS go for my Carli Bybel – 14 Color Eyeshadow & Highlighter Palette ($14.50) using the lightest highlight shade. I only dip my brush in it twice and I’m glowing! Lol it’s so pigmented. The eyeshadow shades are beautiful also. I tend to use the gold or bronze on my lids during the Summer.
• Once I’m done with my face, I set it with the MAKE UP FOR EVER Mist & Fix Setting Spray ($14-30) I don’t always use a setting spray but it’s something I use if it’s going to be hot or if I need my makeup to last.
• Lastly is my all time favorite drugstore mascara. L’Oreal Telescopic Carbon Black Mascara ($10.59) will make your lashes super long! It’s not a Volumizing mascara but you can always get that effect by using another mascara with it. I’ve used ALOT of mascaras from the drugstore and I always go back to this one.
I hope you ladies enjoyed! ❤️💄